Pages

Thursday 5 August 2010

Cardea (Short Film)

Cardea (Experimental Short Film) - By Ben M R Hall from Ben Hall on Vimeo.


If you'd like a free copy of the DVD and/or Soundtrack just email me at benmrhall@gmail.com and I'll get one out to you as soon as I can :)

This short film is an abstract representation of my views on conformity. I was inspired by seeing how people behave around one another and how everyone, typically, at some stage, will conform to be accepted. It's an issue I think about often. I really wanted to make a film to convey the message that so long as you're comfortable in your own skin, the desire to be accepted is lessened and you’re content to be yourself. I wanted the film to remain open somewhat so that the viewer can draw their own conclusions from the piece and, hopefully, provoke thought and interpretation.

I liked exploring the use of colour to tell a story, as there is no dialogue in the piece at all, and for the soundtrack to compliment in the images onscreen. The soundtrack is my own composition and is designed to reflect what is happening and the stages of self discovery the girl is going though.

(Apologies for the sound quality on Vimeo)

No comments:

Post a Comment